Suggest medication for premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction
it is mentioned below
Thanks for writing to us.
Treatment of erectile dysfunction:
5- PDE inhibitor group of medicines like sildenafil or tadalafil are used. One of them should be used 2 hours prior to sex. They cause headache, stuffy nose nausea and gastric discomfort like common side effects. Proper physical check-up of cardiac system should be done by a doctor before starting the same. These are prescription medicines and you need to consult doctor/psychiatrist/sexologist for the prescription.
Tadalafil is preferred in patients with blood pressure.
You can use another medicine cum vitamin supplement containing pyridoxal-5-phosphate, mecobalamin and l-methylfolate (trade name tetrafol plus)is very helpful in my patients. It has shown improvement in 50-60% patients of mine with ED.You should take it after meal twice a day. If you feel some improvement in 15 days you should continue for at least 1 month. You may get this medicine over the counter as it is vitamin product.
Serum testosterone level should be checked once. If it is low, supplement can be given.
Diabetes should be ruled out by blood sugar check up.
There are some natural lifestyle measures which help to improve blood flow to penis and overall sexual performance.
- The most important factor is healthy heart. Blood is pumped in to body by heart.So regular exercise and avoidance of fatty fast food are important measures to prevent heart disease. Regular walking, swimming or running overall improves blood flow to whole body circulation including penis and keep the mind fresh.
- Good healthy food is also an important aspect. Bananas, Garlic, dry fruits(they contains vitamins), eggs, cow milk, cow butter are good food which may help in erectile dysfunction.
Treatment of premature ejaculation :
Clomipramine and paroxetine are choice of medicines which are used as antidepressants (For depression dose is higher).
I prefer clomipramine for PME. No significant side effects with these medicines. Initially say for 20-30 days daily after dinner and later on just on the day when you do the sex.
Paroxetine is more potent but it may cause side effects like headache, gastric discomfort, giddiness and sedation. In patients with blood pressure it should be used in consultation with physician/cardiologist.
One molecule called depoxetine has been used specifically for PME and should be taken before 2 hours of sex when required.
These medicines are prescription medicines and you need to consult doctor/psychiatrist/sexologist for prescription.
Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest remedy for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation
- Treatment for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation
- How can erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation be treated
- Need a cure for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation
- Erectile dysfunction premature ejaculation physical or mental problem
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction
- Suggest the medication for premature ejaculation
- Causes of premature ejaculation erectile dysfunction
- Excessive masturbation erectile dysfunction premature ejaculation treatment
- Having premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction what to do
- Can Chlorpromazine and Sodium Valproate Sandoz be taken in pregnancy?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest treatment for delayed ejaculation
- How to wean off of Trazadone?
- What causes anxiety and visual problems after taking psychedelic mushrooms?
- Suggest treatment for anxiety
- What causes drowsiness during day time?
- Can Solian and Lexapro be taken together?
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction caused by over masturbation
- Suggest an alternative treatment for premature ejaculation