Suggest medication for osteoarthritis pain

Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Mon, 9 Nov 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: What are the anti inflammatory and analgesic to help to relieve pain in osteoarthritis
I am also suffering from Diabetic,Implant S/P PPI DDDR St XXXXXXX s on 13/06/2015 in Blood investigation revealed mild anemia,hyperglycemia,hyperuricemia,raised TSH-5.56 and low HDL-28,LDL-44,Tryglycerides-Serum-80 and Sugar is in Fasting-116 and PP- 214 ,Uric Acid-9.2
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can take tramadol and etoricoxib

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case and by looking at your condition I would suggest you to take following medications.
1.Tramadol is a safe medicine in your condition. It does not causes any side effect on blood pressure, uric acid.
2.Tablet Etoricoxib 90 mg daily for long time.It can be taken for long time.
3.Tablet Paracetamol one to two daily.
4.hot water fomentation
These all are safe drugs and can be taken for long time. These are safer in Diabetic, high uric acid people. But do not take them regularly.If there is any swelling or rise in blood pressure then you should contact your doctor.
I hope this answer will be useful for you.Let me know if there is any other followup questions.
thanks

Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 3 hours later
Please Suggest Diabetic and arthritis medicine and Thyroid .
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Diabeties needs advise from specialist

Detailed Answer:
For arthritis you need following .
1.Glucosamine and Dicerin
2. rosiflex powder
for thyroid you need to check your TSH level and dose needs to adjust with this. thyronorm is name of drug.
3 . Diabeties needs fasting and post lunch blood sugar to advise medicines.You should contact endocrinology expert for this.
thanks