Suggest medication for open wounds and diaper rashes in a toddler
Keeping the area dry is of primary concern.
I would request you to upload an image of the affected area. Such rashes occur due to the remnant moisture in the diapers and therefore the primary thing that you need to do is to ensure that the are remains dry. Mere application of rash cream will not help. Unless dryness of the area is ensured (at all times), there would not be enough time for healing to occur and it is needless to say that the diaper rash would persist. I understand that it might be hard to do without diapers, but you have to give it a dry. Use baby powder if needed. You may use candid powder. You may apply Siloderm Mixi ointment. Panderm+ can also be used. I would insist you to avoid continuous use of mometasone as although initially it will hasten the healing, prolonged use will increase the vulnerability to such rashes.
Feel free to write back.
I have uploaded image
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drugs/medication for diaper rash cream
- Drugs/medication for diaper rash
- Toddler having rashes after medication fever
- Haemorrhoids at anal opening suggest otc medication for treatment
- Severe anal itching and rashes on buttocks suggest medication
- Suggest medication for skin rashes
- What medication is suggested for a wound after a cut
- Toddler hair smells medical condition
- Having heat rash on butt and thighs suggest medications
- Gave toddler expired medication