Suggest medication for nerve pain

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 25 Apr 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: Is neutontin safe?

I have undiagnosed nerve pain and they want me to try 100mg and build up to 3x per day.

I have anxiety and am very sensitive to meds so i am pretty scared to take.

Starting with only 100mg a day, should i be okay side effect wise? I have read about this med online.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it is safe

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Neurontin is one of the safest medication when it comes to nerve pain.Even the safety profile is much better as the recommended dosage is 300-2400 mg per day.

Most patients do not report any side effect on low dose such as 100 mg and so. t is possible that you will not experience any side effects with low dose such as 100-300 mg per day.I also like to add that neurontin helps in anxiety so it will be a better option for you.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.