Suggest medication for mood swings, anxiety, ADHD and migraine during pregnancy

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2015
Mar 2015

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Question

I just found out that I am 6 weeks pregnant. I am taking the following medications for mood / anxiety / adhd / migraine and anticipate I will need to stop most, if not all. Are there any, or some that can be at reduced dosages, that I can maintain? They are as follows:
Zoloft 50 mg daily
Lamictal 100 mg daily
Adderall 20 mg twice a day
lorazepam 1 mg as needed (I take it 3 or 4 times a week)
Topamax 100 mg daily
Imitrex 100 mg as needed
Thank you!
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult your neurologist and psychiatrist

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
All the drugs you are having should not be stopped or altered without consultation with your neurologist and psychiatrist.
All these drugs are not absolutely contraindicated in Pregnancy, and can be used when the benefits of the drug outweigh the risk associated.
Therefore, you should consult your neurologist and psychiatrist at the earliest to confirm which drug can be stopped or modified as per your symptoms and condition.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist