Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Suggest medication for minor burn

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 492 Questions
hi doc- I had a minor accident and have minor burn due to my bike silencer, kindly advice the oilment to apply
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Advised Aloevera gel.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us.

You have mentioned you have minor burn.
If I were your treating doctor I would suggest you Injection TT(tetanus toxoid) if your last TT shot was more than 5 years.
For minor burns I would suggest silver sulfadiazine cream/gel three times a day. Your local pharmacist will know about this cream; its available over the counter.
Antihistamine like cetrizine one tablet if you have itching and pain killers like Ibuprofen for pain can be added.

Clean burnt area under running tap water it will decrease skin temperature and pain.
Whenever you apply cream do wash effected area before applying cream.
Whenever you go out side you can do dressing with sterile non stick gauze.
If it forms blisters do not puncture it,open blisters more prone to infection.

Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any queries I will be happy to help you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor