Suggest medication for malaria

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in General Health
Question: Hello Team

I am working in XXXXXXX . We are in rainy season therfore chances of malaria increases .

I had malaria before , please suggest me some anti malaria medicene .

Thanks a lot
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Prophylactic treatment advised

Detailed Answer:

Tab Lariago (Chloroquine ) 250mg once weekly, starting one week before exposure, continuing throughout the stay and extending atleast 4 weeks after exposure. This is the best established prophylactic regimen for Malaria. Tablet should be taken in he night before sleep after food.

If you get fever anytime during your stay, you have to consult a doctor to rule out malaria or any other viral fever. Diagnosed malaria will have a different daily course of the same Tab Lariago.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Please do ask if any doubts.
If you are satisfied with the answer, please rate the same with five stars and close.

If in future you need to consult me, you can approach me directly through the below link.

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-raju-a-t/60137
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 4 minutes later
Thanks for reply .

Currently i am not suffering for malaria .If i start taking the medicene does it have any side effect.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:

The above dosage is prophylactic. Advised to people who are under exposure and at risk of getting malaria.

Since its a weekly dose, side effects are of negligible concern.