Suggest medication for major depressive disorder in children
A number of factors need to be considered.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
There are a number of factors to consider before prescribing medicines for Major depressive disorder (MDD). Although you are asking about pharmacotherapy (treatment with medicines), psychotherapy plays an important role.
To determine what management should be given to a 12 year old with MDD, certain guidelines need to be followed. I am providing links to such guidelines so that you can determine the feasibility:
I would not consider age to be the limiting factor. Please note that such medicines should only be taken under proper guidance and follow up from a psychiatrist.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatments for major depressive disorder
- Drugs/medication for Major depressive disorder
- 29622 major depressive disorder
- Prognosis for major depressive disorder
- What is the right medication for major depressive disorder
- Symptoms of Major depressive disorder
- Major depressive disorder causes
- Psychotic major depression disorder
- Major depressive disorder single
- What is major depressive disorder