Suggest medication for loose stool

General Surgeon
Question
I had loosies yesterday afternoon post a sandwich, day before i had bloated stomach with gases in the night. Sunday was a long drinking day, where i must have had 1/2 a bottle of scotch in the entire day.
Last night i stuck to beers and had almost 6 pints in a span of 6 hours.
Today just after lunch i felt like a gas forming but when it left it felt like diahrrea and i rushed to the loo and had loosies.
Since then its pretty much normal a few burps here and there.
Tonight i am travelling to hong kong and macau for a week on leisure and expect to drink quite a bit.
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
see below answer

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Welcome to HealthcareMagic .

You may be having gastroenteritis. For this you need to avoid spicy food and you need to take food frequently not to be on empty stomach and avoid drinks. Drinks increases gastritis.

If such a patient comes to me I usually advice to start with antibiotics like metronidazole, preprobiotics and PPI like omeprazole and loperamide(reduces loose motion). Since these are prescription drugs so I suggest you to consult your doctor and get treated and also take ample of drugs for your trip as you may not get easily there.

Meanwhile, consume plenty of fluids like water, fruit juices. These will keep you hydrated. Have soft and easily digestable diet like curd rice or idly.

Hope I have answered your query . If any further queries are there I would love to help.

Dr.Deepika Patil