Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suggest medication for itching and irritation between legs

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 695 Questions
I am having itching and irritation in the area between my legs. Suggest some medicine or ways to heal the same. It is very irritable when I walk.Do I need to wash it with warm water or apply any cream in that area ? Please suggest.
Posted Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Intertrigo antifugal powder will work. Detailed Answer: Hi thanks for writing here.It seems you are having intertrigo.It occurs due to friction.This leads to irritation of skin leading to fungal and bacterial infection. Avoid using tight clothes.Use loose cotton undergarments.It is important to keep area dry.Antifungal powder like mycoderm at day time will help.Use it regularly even if there is no itching.Using this powder just after a bath will work better.At night time you can apply cream like candid b.Use it only when there is severe itching. Washing with warm water can lead to irritation. Hope this will help you.Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor