Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

183 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest medication for irritation around the genital area while having stress incontinence

Answered by
Dr. Eni

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2015

Answered : 319 Questions

Posted on Fri, 4 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I am 71 yrs old and have stress incontinence. The skin around my genital area is irritated. What cream is safe to use in that area to heal the skin?
Answered by Dr. Eni 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cream with lidocaine to alleviate the irritative pain and talc powederlc po

Detailed Answer:
Dear Patient,

Welcome and thank you for posting your question here.

I would suggest that you try to use some Lidocaine Cream. In the drugstore you can find them without prescription. They will relieve the pain.

Meanwhile you can also use baby talc-powder to keep the area dried. This will help to minimise the inflammation.

If You have other question, please feel free to contact me again.

Best Regards,
Dr. Eni
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

Recent questions on  Stress incontinence

doctor1 MD

I am having stress incontinence - seeing a urologist. My question is if stress incontinence can be caused by episacral lipomas that I have (aka back mouse )? My doc is doing tests to determine if I should have surgery for the incontinence, but if the lipomas are causing it, wondering if I should mention the lipomas to the urologist.

doctor1 MD

I noticed a few red brown specks after I urinated this morning for the first time. There was no pain, I haven't been having pain in the lower back, at least not from my kidneys. I am scheduled to have a procedure done on March 16th concerning tacking up the urethra leading to the bladder to prevent stress incontinence. Does the specks mean I have an UTI trying to get started?

doctor1 MD

I am very incontinent...I therefore use depend type underpants. my libia is always burning and itchy I use a bidet when I change my underware what can i do? I was also prescribed Clobetasol Propionate cream USP 0.05% but it burns upon application

doctor1 MD

Good morning, I am a 52 year old woman with a history of 6 abdominal surgery s 3 c sections, laparoscopic x2 to burn scar tissue and a XXXXXXX For the past few months I am finding that I am urinating frequently but do not feel like i ever empty...

doctor1 MD

I am only 18 yrs old and I have been havin urinary incontinence broblems for about 2-3 years. I am a female and I have never had sex before. I consulted a doc but they only tell me to do pelvic floor muscles exercises but those are not really working. I have to wear a pad all the time or my underwear gets wet. it is just leekage throughout the day. What should I do?