Suggest medication for hypertension
If Benicar did not work, there is no need to try other drugs of the same class, correct?
Is there any problem taking both an ACE inhibitor such as Linsinopril together with Benicar? Her GP had her tried Linsinopril 10 mg before instead of Benicar, seems to work on controlling her BP but she developed a cough and has to stop. What other
similar ACE medicine may work without the undesirable side effect?
Others are possible...HCTZ/beta blockers/calcium channel blockers!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this difficulty with Benicar. Tough this is rare, it is not totally unexpected. I have had patients with similar difficulties. The exact cause and mechanism remains a speculation as this is not widely published upon for more insights. Cough with ACE inhibitors happen in all the classes and as such there is real need to change the class of medications. I will suggest that your doctor try other classes as mentioned above. Added to that could be diuretics. Patients would often at least respond to one of them and get their blood pressure well controlled.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest the medication for hypertension
- Side effects of hypertensive medication
- Contraindications for hypertensive medications
- Suggest medication for portal hypertension
- Usages of hypertensive medication
- Hypertension medical interventions
- Hcg diet and hypertension medication
- Suggest medication for diabetes and hypertension
- Hypertensive medications to avoid if chf
- Suggest medication for female with hypertension and overweight