Suggest medication for high BP
High BP - Sevikar 40/5, Clopidogrel 75mg, Calcitriol 0.25mcg
RA - Leflunomide 10mg, Folic Acid 5mg, Methotrexate 10mg (once per week only)
About 8 weeks ago I had a bad fall and the result was a fractured femur. I had the appropriate operation and a large rod was inserted. I had a check-up 2 weeks ago and apparently the operation was a complete success.
However, I was given a pain killer, TARGIN 10/5 (4 tablets per day), for about 2 weeks after the operation, and I have been nauseous ever since. I was admitted to the local hospital where they diagnosed that the nausea was a side effect of the drug TARGIN and I was given an injection (unknown) and prescribed ONDANSETRON 8mg, twice per day. There was a little relief for a few days but the nausea is back. Is there some medication that would be better than ONDANSETRON for nausea?
Some questions which i need answers
Thanks for posting in HCM.
I went through your query and also went through the medication list. I observed you are also taking calcitriol.
Sometimes if calcium correction is overdone and calcium is increased that is also a cause of nausea.
Also when you take the ondansetron tablet, the timing is also important.
So a few questions for you-
1. Since when are you taking calcitriol?
2. Have you checked your calcium levels recently? If yes what were the values
3. When are you taking the ondansetron tablet in day? What time and how are they related to food taking? I mean before food or after food or no relation to food?
Kindly answer me these questions so i could guide you properly.
Waiting for your reply.
ondansetron should be taken before food
Hello, Thanks for following up with me.
So your calcium levels are within normal limits so that wont be the problem causing nausea.
Ondansetron tablet should be taken before food preferentially. It will help to act better than taking after food.
So try to take it before you have your food.
Ondansetron is one of the most potent antiemetic but taking it on wrong time can make it not that effective.
Try my above given advice and i hope it will be effective.
I hope I have answered your query well.
If you have any more query kindly write back to me will be happy to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Question about high bp medication
- What is the medical term for high bp
- Diet and medication for high bp
- Suggest medication for high bp and gastritis
- Suggest treatment for high bp
- Diagnosed with high bp on medication still bp high suggest
- Need medication for high bp
- What medication is suggested for high bp
- Suggest medication for high bp
- Suggest treatment for cough when on high bp medication