Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Suggest medication for hiccups apart from Metoclopramide

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1986
Answered : 1460 Questions
What is a remedy for persistent hiccups other than Metoclopramide, Reglan?

Where is my answer???
Posted Sat, 25 Nov 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hello there,
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query .
Have gone through your details and i appreciate your concerns.
As per your query answers are-

Baclofen a muscle relaxer anantispastic agent and is drug of choice when it comes to hiccups.
10 mg twice daily is usually a very effective dose and most of the patients respond well to it.

Chlorpromazine is also a very effective drug but is usually reserved for patints not responding to Baclofen.
Both need a prescription.
Hope it was helpful.
If you want details regarding this drug feel free to follow up.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest medication for hiccups apart from Metoclopramide 2 hours later
Thanks for your advice, filled prescription for Metoclopramide,
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You're welcome

Detailed Answer:

Get well soon Ted.

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor