Suggest medication for fluctuating blood pressure
Her blood pressure is high in the mornings and then seems to come down as the day goes on.
any thoughts.... XXXXXXX
it is possible to have morning surge
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
It is possible that the oxycodone is contributing to her nausea and vomiting, this is a side effect of this family of medications.
You may want to consider an anti emetic (medication to decrease vomiting).
Examples are peptobismol or dramamine
The goal for blood pressure for anyone over the age of 60 is a BP of less than 150/90.
This goal was changed in 2014, previously it was 140/90.
Blood pressure can surge in the mornings. This surge can be particularly high for some persons.
The increase is related to the release of certain chemicals (called epinephrine)
There is an increased heart and stroke risk associated with this morning surge.
To help reduce the am value:
(1)may want to review salt and fluid intake
If she is consistently using her medications then it is difficult to understand why the am readings would range from 160/ 85 (note this top value is still too high) to 190/90.
It may be related to salt, fluid intake, pain or stress level
(2)she may need adjustment of medications
There are high blood pressure medications that block the release of the chemical associated with this surge.
Examples are medications belonging to the ARB or ACE family examples are diovan, micardis, candesartan, ramipril, lisinopril
These may be added to her current regimen or substituted (depends on over all control)
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fluctuating blood pressure halter
- Fluctuating blood pressure taking yasmin reason
- High pulse rate fluctuating blood pressure
- Treatment and cure for Fluctuating blood pressure
- Drugs/medication for Fluctuating blood pressure
- Symptoms of Fluctuating blood pressure
- Diagnosis of Fluctuating blood pressure
- Fibromyalgia and fluctuating blood pressure
- What is the reason for fluctuating blood pressure
- Microgynon 30 fluctuating blood pressure
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...