Suggest medication for flu and cough while on BP medication

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question:

i take lisinopril/hctz 20/12.5mgtab zestoretic 20/12.5 1 tablet per day. for high blood pressure
i also take 2 tablets per day of carvedilol 5.25 mg
What med can i take for the flu and a cough?
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

I understand your concern and would recommend taking Forte Kidkare Cough or Cold, Rescon DM.

You can take it as a syrup 10ml three or four times daily or as tablet 3 to 4 tablets per day.

It is and OTC drug containing chlorpheniramine/dextromethorphan/pseudoephedrine and you can take it without medical prescription.

It can help against the cough, nasal congestion and does not interact with your current therapy.

Hope to have been helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Thank you for your respond. I will try the med.
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome!

Detailed Answer:
I am glad to have been helpful to you!

Wishing good health,

Dr. Iliri