Suggest medication for fever in a child
Thank you for your time
Acetaminophen can be given
Thanks for asking on this platform
I can understand your concern. Ibuprofen and acetaminophen both are used to control temperature.
Both of these can be given at a time or back to back without any gap if fever is high.
As you have given ibuprofen now acetaminophen can be given of fever is there.
Ibuprofen can be given at an interval of 8 hours with total dose of 30 mg/kg/day(10mg/kg/dose). You can give paracetamol at an interval of 4-8 hours with total dose of 60 mg/kg/day(10-20 mg/kg/dose).
Do tepid sponging along with as this helps in controlling the temperature better.
I won't get worried if child is otherwise active and playful.Keep him hydrated well by giving plenty of fluids. Decrease in appetite is common during any illness and it improves as the fever decreases.
If fever persists longer or there are any other associated symptoms please contact your pediatrician.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Child having bronchitis and fever suggest medication
- Suggest medication for fever for a baby
- Child having fever and back pain suggest medication
- Suggest medication for fever and tiredness
- Suggest medication for high fever
- Suggest medication for hay fever
- Suggest medication for viral fever
- Suggest medication for fever and headache
- What medication is suggested for scarlet fever
- Suggest medication for cold and fever
- What are the symptoms of poisoning in a child?
- Suggest treatment for severe cough and fever in a child
- What causes cough, fasciculation, nasal congestion and fever?
- Can an infant be fed with castor oil to cure colic?
- What causes painful red blisters on tonsils?
- Suggest remedy for neck swelling in a child
- Suggest remedy for constipation in children
- Suggest remedy for persistent dry cough and cold in a child
- Suggest remedy for severe fever and cough in a child
- Suggest remedy for headache, dizziness and vomiting