Suggest medication for fever despite giving T 98 drops
Monitor temperature and observe for other symptoms
Thanks for asking on this platform
I have gone through the query and do understand your concern.
Most common cause of cold with fever in this age is some viral infection.
The symptoms usually improve with symptomatic management within 2-3 days. If fever persists longer or condition worsens rapidly, bacterial infection should be ruled out and antibiotics need to be started. I won't get worried if baby is active, taking feeds well and there is no breathing difficulty.
In present condition I would suggest you to monitor temperature. Give paracetamol(T 98) if there is fever. The dose of paracetamol is 10-15 mg/kg/dose and it can be given three to four times a day depending on the frequency of fever.
You can give antiallergic like cetrizine for cold . The usual dose of cetrizine for this age is 2.5 mg(2.5 ml) once a day.
Observe for other symptoms like breathing difficulty if any.
If you notice that baby is not feeding well, fever is persistent or there is any breathing difficulty please consult your pediatrician immediately.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest medication for fever for a baby
- Suggest medication for fever and tiredness
- Suggest medication for high fever
- Suggest medication for hay fever
- Suggest medication for viral fever
- Suggest medication for fever and headache
- Cold fever taking medication no improvement suggestions
- Have fever with dry cough and headache on medications suggestions
- What medication is suggested for scarlet fever
- Suggest medication for cold and fever
- What are the symptoms of poisoning in a child?
- Suggest treatment for severe cough and fever in a child
- What causes cough, fasciculation, nasal congestion and fever?
- Can an infant be fed with castor oil to cure colic?
- What causes painful red blisters on tonsils?
- Suggest remedy for neck swelling in a child
- Suggest remedy for constipation in children
- Suggest remedy for persistent dry cough and cold in a child
- Suggest remedy for severe fever and cough in a child
- Suggest remedy for headache, dizziness and vomiting