Suggest medication for fever, cold, shivering, cough, phlegm in the throat and headache

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 29 May 2018 in Accident and Emergency
Question: Hi Doctor,

My brother is having fever 101.5 and he is shivering of cold. He also has cough with mucus. He also has headache.

Please suggest the medicine.

Thanks!!
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Viral fever may be there.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query,from symptoms it seems viral fever,Do cold sponging ,take paracetamol 500 mg 3-4 times daily as par required and antibiotics if cough is productive.He can also take levocetrazine 5mg daily.
If e do not get relief in 2 days than he needs some blood investigation to find out the cause of fever.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana