Suggest medication for eye flu

Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I am suffering from eye flu and it is really irritating me. Please suggest any eyedrops or other medicine for this.
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
This requires treatment by the use of antibiotic eye drops.

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Welcome to Health care Magic.

I am Dr. DADAPEER K, an Ophthalmologist and I will be answering your question.

I reviewed your history.
If you are having symptoms of redness, watering, discharge, irritation of the eye it indicates infection of the eye in the from of conjunctivitis.

This requires treatment by the use of antibiotic eye drops like Moxifloxacin eye drops one drop 4-6 times a day. The use of artificial tears eye drops like Refresh tears will provide symptomatic relief from irritation.
The condition should resolve by 3-5 days.

If possible do send me the photo of the affected eye so that I can confirm the diagnosis and advice you accordingly.

Hope this answers your question and the information is helpful to you.

Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Dadapeer K 42 minutes later
Thank you Doctor. I had this problem about 10 years back. But there is no such problem after that. Please see the picture of my eye attached herewith.

Also, my nephew (about 3 years old) also suffering from the same problem. Can you please suggest a good eye drops for him as well.

Thank you
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is conjunctivitis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thank you for the follow up question.

I reviewed the photo attached with the question.
The photo shows conjunctivitis. This requires use of antibiotic eye drops as I mentioned in my previous answer.

Your nephew can also use Moxifloxacin eye drops.

Hope this answers your question.

Thank you