Suggest medication for elevated SGPT levels in blood while suffering from hypothyroid
I have done health check up and found sgpt levels slightly elevated .I am a hypothyroid patient and I am taking thyronorm 100.my height is 177cm and weight is 83 kg. kindly go through my reports and suggest if I should take
some medication or make some lifestyle change.
don't drink and smoke.
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
Yes your liver enzymes are raised which requires evaluation of the cause.
The most common causes of such liver derangement's are
3.Non alcoholic fatty liver disease
Since you don't consume any alcohol, so alcohol induced hepatitis is ruled out. So, we should evaluate the other causes, and if no other cause is found, i would attribute the dysfunction to Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) as you have evidence of fatty liver in Ultrasound.
For this you need to reduce your weight, reduce fat in diet and if required your doctor may prescribe you Ursedeoxycolic Acid for the same.
I would advise you to get following investigations done:
1. HBsAg for Hepatitis B.
2. Anti HCV Antibody for Hepatitis C.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest medication for blood pressure
- On crestor due to high cholesterol elevated sgpt medication
- Cholesterol medication increases sgpt
- Tuberculosis medication cause high level of sgpt
- Cheat medicals sgot sgpt
- Sgpt lowering medication
- What can cause elevated sgpt levels while on thyronorm medication
- Diet and medication to control sgpt level
- High sgpt level medication
- Sgpt high levels treatment and medication