Suggest medication for ear and respiratory infection
Zpac need a doctor prescription
It is very unusual for a doctor to prescribe steroids for an infection. Especially ear infections. The medical guidelines describe the use of antibiotics (such as Zpac) for cases of bacterial infection with ear clogging and respiratory infection. Even if it was a viral infection (which I doubt), if treated with steroids it can further lead to a bacterial infection which needs antibiotics.
I highly recommend you to see another ENT specialist, as soon as possible, since the evaluation of your condition needs to be through a thorough examination, and also the antibiotics can be taken only with a prescription from your doctor.
Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wish you good health!
Manoku Eni M.D.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drugs/medication for lower respiratory infections
- Drugs/medication for fungal respiratory infections
- Suggest treatment for upper respiratory infection
- Drugs/medication for respiratory infection viruses
- Suggest treatment for respiratory infection
- Drugs/medication for secondary respiratory infection
- Need medication for upper respiratory infection
- Drugs/medication for chronic respiratory infection
- Drugs/medication for infective respiratory infection
- Drugs/medication for respiratory infections
- What causes disorientation while on Phenytoin?
- What causes low platelet and hemoglobin counts while treating dengue?
- What causes bleeding from scrotum?
- Are Tegaderm wound dressings breathable?
- What causes pain in the left upper thigh?
- What causes severe abdominal pain?
- How can a wound on the side of the toe be treated?
- What causes blood in mucus along with cold?
- Suggest treatment for post-nasal drip causing green phlegm in the throat
- How can a lump on the back be treated?