Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

186 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest medication for ear and respiratory infection

Answered by
Dr. Eni

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2015

Answered : 319 Questions

Posted on Thu, 14 Jun 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I went to my dr two weeks ago he said I had a ear infection and respiratory infection he gave me some steroids but I am still not feeling better. I have been trying to get a hold of him but they don't call me back. I was wondering if I could get a zpac ordered for me?
Answered by Dr. Eni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Zpac need a doctor prescription

Detailed Answer:
Dear lady,

It is very unusual for a doctor to prescribe steroids for an infection. Especially ear infections. The medical guidelines describe the use of antibiotics (such as Zpac) for cases of bacterial infection with ear clogging and respiratory infection. Even if it was a viral infection (which I doubt), if treated with steroids it can further lead to a bacterial infection which needs antibiotics.

I highly recommend you to see another ENT specialist, as soon as possible, since the evaluation of your condition needs to be through a thorough examination, and also the antibiotics can be taken only with a prescription from your doctor.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish you good health!
Manoku Eni M.D.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on