Suggest medication for dry cough
Syp Tus Q...
I would start you on Syp Tus Q 5ml three times a day. This will ease the dry cough.
However it would be wise to understand the cause of cough. It could be due to a viral infection, allergic condition or a known nasal condition / gastritis. What other symptoms do you have besides the dry cough? And do you have any history of allergies, abdominal pain or any other complaints.
I am not a regular smoker, however, in last 2-3 days, I have smoked multiple times in a day. This could be one of the reasons.
No, I don't have any such history of allergies, abdominal pain etc. However, I am feeling weakness (a lot) from last one week.
Smoking may be a factor causing your cough. But it is important to consider other possibilities like infection and allergies are more likely cause.
Since you do not have other associated complaints, I will suggest to continue the aforementioned cough syrup and see if it helps. If symptoms do not improve and if you develop additional symptoms, please visit a doctor for further examination.
As I mentioned earlier smoking may or may not be the direct cause of this cough. However on the long run it causes devastating effects on lungs leading to irreversible damages. It would be great if you can stop smoking.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drugs/medication for dry cough
- Drugs/medication for constant dry cough
- Infant having dry cough had fever medication
- Suggest treatment for dry cough
- Suggest the medication for dry cough
- Drugs/medication for inactive , dry cough
- Any suggestion for dry cough
- Drugs/medication for continuous dry cough
- Have fever with dry cough and headache on medications suggestions
- What is the suggested medication for dry cough
- Random body aches. Is this the symptoms of flu?
- What is the difference between functional dyspepsia and appendicitis?
- Having spondylisthesis, DDD, facet artropathy, bulging discs. Taking...
- Addicted to tobacco. Tried nicotex chewing gum. Unable to open mouth and...
- Is amitriptyline safe medicine for polymyalgia? What are the affect of...
- Recommended amino acids and proteins after workout. How much protein...
- Diabetic. Have hepatic encephalopathy. Treated with lactulose. Should I...
- Looking best medicine for urinary tract infection
- Had shoulder injury. Hurts to lift arm and having burning sensation on...
- Bruise appeared on thigh after scratching. Hurts to touch. Why is this...