Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suggest medication for difficulty in ejaculation

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 1714 Questions
All of a sudden I am have difficulty ejaculating. Erections are no problem. FYI - I am 66 years old and never had a problem in the past. Thank You.
Is there any meds I could take to assist me in this situation?
Posted Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Vishal Garala 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
ejaculation problem

Detailed Answer:

I admire you for positive outlook
Very glad to answering you

You have mentioned that you have ejaculation problem

But what kind of problem do you have??? premature ejaculation?? or delayed ejaculation??

Here by I consider it premature ejaculation because it is more common
If you have delayed than feel free to ask in follow up

Premature ejaculation can be treated with both psychologically and drug therapy

Psychological means

To learn how to stay long
Certain methods like women on top position

Stop and start method of sex is very good results , it is thought diversion technique use just before ejaculation. When you feel ejaculation soon stop doing sex and diver your thought from sex to other activities. It can hold you more but you can learn it by time.

Masturbating before sex can increase your time
proper fore play and understanding is needed

Kegel exercise by holding urine while urination for few seconds also useful

Use condom specially lubricated with benzocaine jelly

Drugs like dapoxetine, clomipramine in mild dose will help you to stay long

Hope you will get best
I m always here to help you
Please ask if any query
Thank you
Take care

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest medication for difficulty in ejaculation 3 hours later
Thank you for your input but the problem is not being able to ejaculate. Seems like I cannot feel any friction and it becomes tiresome after trying so hard for so long. Not sure what to do as this is new to me but has been going on for 3-weeks or so.

Please advise. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Vishal Garala 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
delayed ejaculation

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear
Very glad to answer you

Do you have feeling of ejaculation but it does not come out from penis??
If yes than it is retrograde ejaculation and occur mostly in prostate pathology

If you donot have this feeling means this is delayed than usual

R u on any medicine ??
Perticularly abidepressant etc???
Certain medicine produce ejaculation problem
Does it occur every time???

Than evaluation is needed
Consult urologist to rule out anatomical and other local problem

Still all of this depend upon several factors including age and physiological production of semen and hormones etc

Will here to help you
Thank you.take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor