Suggest medication for difficulty in ejaculation

Dr. Vishal Garala

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Men's Health
Question: All of a sudden I am have difficulty ejaculating. Erections are no problem. FYI - I am 66 years old and never had a problem in the past. Thank You.
Is there any meds I could take to assist me in this situation?
Answered by Dr. Vishal Garala 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
ejaculation problem

Detailed Answer:

I admire you for positive outlook
Very glad to answering you

You have mentioned that you have ejaculation problem

But what kind of problem do you have??? premature ejaculation?? or delayed ejaculation??

Here by I consider it premature ejaculation because it is more common
If you have delayed than feel free to ask in follow up

Premature ejaculation can be treated with both psychologically and drug therapy

Psychological means

To learn how to stay long
Certain methods like women on top position

Stop and start method of sex is very good results , it is thought diversion technique use just before ejaculation. When you feel ejaculation soon stop doing sex and diver your thought from sex to other activities. It can hold you more but you can learn it by time.

Masturbating before sex can increase your time
proper fore play and understanding is needed

Kegel exercise by holding urine while urination for few seconds also useful

Use condom specially lubricated with benzocaine jelly

Drugs like dapoxetine, clomipramine in mild dose will help you to stay long

Hope you will get best
I m always here to help you
Please ask if any query
Thank you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Vishal Garala 3 hours later
Thank you for your input but the problem is not being able to ejaculate. Seems like I cannot feel any friction and it becomes tiresome after trying so hard for so long. Not sure what to do as this is new to me but has been going on for 3-weeks or so.

Please advise. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Vishal Garala 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
delayed ejaculation

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear
Very glad to answer you

Do you have feeling of ejaculation but it does not come out from penis??
If yes than it is retrograde ejaculation and occur mostly in prostate pathology

If you donot have this feeling means this is delayed than usual

R u on any medicine ??
Perticularly abidepressant etc???
Certain medicine produce ejaculation problem
Does it occur every time???

Than evaluation is needed
Consult urologist to rule out anatomical and other local problem

Still all of this depend upon several factors including age and physiological production of semen and hormones etc

Will here to help you
Thank you.take care