Suggest Medication For Diabetes That Will Not Affect Kidney Function
A1C of 6.1 without medications is good. No drugs needed at this time!
Hi and thanks so much for this query.
Medications are needed to keep A1C below 7%. If you are at 6.1 on diet and exercise only, there is no need for any anti-diabetic medication at this time. If this however rises to more than 6.5%, then at that time only would I consider getting drugs as part of the plan. Your kidney function wouldn't deteriorate with an A1C value of 6.1.
I hope this helps and guides. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.
I will suggest you observe of diet and exercise only!
I will suggest you go with exercise and diet only. If your 3month control shows increased A1C, then there is real need for medication. At this time, there is certainly no reason for intense medication used given your numbers. I will also like to obtain and have a look at you daily blood sugar values which would help inform us whether we are on the right track on not.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me anytime.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fullness of pelvicalyceal system in kidney
- I had a abortion a week ago and have really bad pains in my kidney
- What happens if someone has dilated kidney
- What does it mean when you have pain in your kidney
- Fruta planta what does it do for your kidney
- Mild pelvicalyceal fulness of right side kidney
- What is bilateral loss of cortico medullary differentiation in the kidney
- Cortical cyst in lower pole region of left kidney
- Cortical cyst in upper pole region of left kidney
- Skin rash related to kidney