Suggest medication for dandruff
Remedy for dandruff and hair fall
Hello. Thank you for writing to us.
I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist). I have noted your concern.
Dandruff or Seborrheic Dermatitis is an important cause of scalp itching and increased hair fall. Controlling dandruff effectively would reduce hair fall.
I would like to know which shampoo you have been using? Anyways, shampoo alone may not effectively control dandruff as the contact time of a shampoo is only 5 - 7 minutes or even less. Therefore I usually suggest something for overnight application in my patients of dandruff for more effective results, usually a topical steroid lotion e.g clobetasol propionate 0.05% lotion or mometasone furoate 0.1% lotion on scalp skin, left overnight and I ask them to shampoo next day.
You may try a coal tar and salicylic acid based shampoo Instead of the routine antidandruff shampoo.
These are prescription products and I suggest that you use them as adviced and under follow up of your local dermatologist.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drugs/medication for chronic dandruff
- What medication should i take for hairfall and dandruff
- Tagline for medicated anti dandruff shampoo
- Medicated shampoos for dandruff
- Medical anti dandruff shampoode
- Have dandruff nothing works suggest treatment or medications
- Any medication for reducing dandruff and hair fall
- Suggest medication for hair loss and dandruff
- Oily scalp with itching and dandruff need medication
- Drugs/medication for dandruff