Suggest medication for constipation while on opium drugs
few possible options
Hi and welcome.
One of the most commonly used is Relistor or Amitiza which are very effective with minor side effects. Also naloxegol is possible alternative.
You also need to change your dietary habits, drink more fluids, high fibre food, vegetables,eat smaller meals, but 6-7x per day.
YOu should take magnesium supplements, best carbonated magnesium drinks.
Wish you good health. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drugs/medication for opioid constipation
- Drugs/medication for constipation in children
- Drugs/medication for Diabetic constipation
- Drugs/medication for systematic constipation
- Drugs/medication for chronic constipation
- Drugs/medication for constipation in pregnancy
- Drugs/medication for operation constipation
- Drugs/medication for constipation then diarrhea
- Drugs/medication for Constipation
- Drugs/medication for iatrogenic constipation
- Undergone subtotal coloctomy. Found fluctuating hemoglobin level. On...
- Frequent stomach ache, shaky hands and dizziness. How to overcome this...
- Sore feet with burning and tingling sensation. How to overcome this...
- Diagnosed with internal hernia. What treatment should be done for cure?
- Diagnosed with peptic ulcer and severe stomach inflammation. Looking for...
- Not active sexually. What is the reason for missed period?
- Feeling weakness and tingling in arm. Is this a sign of any serious...
- Started spotting after period. No itching, burning or foul smell. Sign...
- Cryoablation done for prostate cancer. Noticed swollen penis testicles...
- Having pain in shoulder. What is causing this and required treatment?