Suggest medication for chronic acne problem
Thanks for the query.
Vitamin D or cod liver oil is not going to help you.
It is very important to know the cause of acne in order to approach it properly.
Following are the common causes.
1. Blocked glands of face
2. Bacterial infection.
3. Excess Oil production by glands.
4. Environmental pollution.
It is better to go for a combined approach to get rid of acne completely.
Please follow the following.
1. Use a combination of adapalene or other retinoid cream and clindamycin. This will take care of blockade as well as bacterial infection.
Apply adapalene in night keep for 1 hour then wash off and apply a mild moisturiser like acne moist.
2. Use a water based sunscreen with spf 30 in morning.
3. Use a drying face wash like tea tree oil.
4. Its best to keep face covered by cloth whenever possible to protect from dirt.
5. Don’t rupture or try to remove scabs from infected acne, This will lead to pigmentation and scar formation.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Reduce fat intake
Thanks for the follow up.
Sebum is produced by sebaceous glands.
This sebum is derived from fatty acids.
Only way to reduce sebum production is by reducing intake of fat in diet.
Take lot of fibres in food.
When acne flares up you can use clindamycin and adapalene.
Keep using tea tree oil face wash.
Let me know if you have any other doubt.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How is chronic acne and oily skin treated
- Treatment and cure for chronic acne
- Suffering from chronic acne oily skin laser treatment best option
- Chronic acne on testicles
- Chronic acne what does it mean
- How is chronic acne in women prevented and treated
- Symptoms of chronic acne
- Chronic acne causes
- Diagnosis of chronic acne
- Drugs/medication for chronic acne