Suggest medication for calf pain and cramps

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am currently taking Diovan 160mg. What can i take for pain from cyatica nerve and pain and cramps in right calf?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take Gabapentin!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this Sciatica pain that you have reported. The best approach is to get evaluated by a neurosurgeon as somme causes of Sciatica can be surgically corrected. If this is not the case, then medication are advised. My preferred drug id Gabapentin. I will suggest that you discuss this with your doctor as it cannot be served over the counter and requires a doctor script. Please, exercise patience to see the results of this drug as it takes about 2-3weeks for effective cure to set in.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.