Suggest medication for bipolar disorder and sleep disorder
It depends on current situation
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.
There are many medications which can be used in bipolar disorder in different phases of the disorder.
If you have mania or hypomania than the commonly used medications are atypical antispychotic, lithium and sodium valproate. Among this I refer resperidone and olanzapine.
In case you have mixed episode lithium is most preferred mdication along with atypical antipsychotic.
In case you have bipolar depression the drugs used include combination of olanzapine and fluoxetine or quetiapine.
So I must inform you that bipolar disorder is a group of disorder and treatment depends on the phase of disorder. No treatment is suitable for all patients and every patient with bipolar disorder needs different treatment. I request you to discuss all these issues with your doctor.
I hope this helps you.
Thanks and regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Having bipolar disorder medical help
- Drugs/medication for Bipolar disorder
- Drugs/medication for anemia sleep disorder
- Drugs/medication for Sleep disorder
- Suggest the medication for sleeping disorder
- Medical treatment for bipolar disorder
- Drugs/medication for serious sleep disorder
- Drugs/medication for obstructive sleep disorder
- Suggest treatment for bipolar disorder
- Sleep disorder medication available in the philippines