Suggest medication for acute insomnia

Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 in Ayurveda
Question: Dear xxxx Sir, I would appreciate if you can give solution of my Age old issues of sleeping problems. I sleep at 10:30 and in the middle of night I wake up having no reason and then it's mixer of sleep and wake up. Can you please advise me something which can help.

Unfortunately I did not found good ayurvedic doctor in XXXXXXX I however I visited some and did not found same confidence level as you have.

in absence of doctor I did not started carditon but I do take table mentat
Answered by Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
let me explain

Detailed Answer:
Hai,
Thanks for consulting us.
As your concern about sleep problem should be assess properly.
As mentat will help in sleep disturbance.
As you should have 7 to 8 hours sleep for your age.
However kindly give some details for further assistances.

What is your occupation?

How long you got this problem?

Whether any other medical issues do you suffer?

What is the pattern of your sleeplessness?

Any precipitating factor for your complaint?

Get back to me with the details and let me know if there any clarification.

Dr.S.Senthilnathan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 1 hour later
thank for the answer sir, My age is 37. 2 months back I had issues of missing Heartbeat 2 months back for that I consultant Mr. sood. He suggested 2 solution one was carditon and second was mentat. He suggested I should also consultant ayurvedic doctor here in XXXXXXX however I did not find an good one so I am taking mentat 2 tablets in night. I do take PROLOMATXL 25 we every night.

I am coordinator in engineering company. Normally I sleep at 10: 30 and any time in between 2 to 4 I wake up then it's disturbed sleep. I go for walk at 6:30.
Answered by Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
need oral medication,panchakarma and counselling.

Detailed Answer:
Hai,
Thanks for reverting back.

As your hypertension may be a precipitating factor.

Studies shows that improper sleep and short sleep duration are associated with increased blood pressure.
Make sure your blood pressure is within control.

In other way ,Anxiety, stress ,fear & insecurity , worry , grief , anger were also a major factor. If any of these factor is really disturbing you kindly treat it with the help of physician and counseling.

Other than medical and emotional factor Environmental factors like noise, light, or extreme temperatures (hot or cold) that interfere with sleep. kindly be away from that environment.

all the above (hypertension,emotional factor,environmental factors) are interlinked with one another. Fixing the cause is to be done by assessing your inputs and discussion.
as your sleep time from 10.30 to 2 is a sound sleep or that too disturbed one. if it so you need exclusive treatment protocol.
As per Ayurveda sleep disorder is treated with oral medication as well as external therapy like Abhyangam, Shirodhara.
Internal medication: Brahmi (Bacopa monnierri), Shankhapushpi (Convolvulus pleuricaulis), Pippalimool (Piper longum) will help.
Tab.mentat will not fulfill the treatment plan. I advise you to take shirodhara with an ayurvedic physician opinion at the nearest panchakarma centre.

Hope I given you the opinion for your problem. Kindly let me know if there any clarification.
Dr.S.Senthilnathan

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad