• question-icon

    Suggest medication for a mouth ulcer

Posted on Tue, 25 Oct 2016 in General Health
Question: I'm having a tongue ulcer on the left side, it's very painful. I have such tongue ulcer twice it thrice a year usually. Please prescribe a cure for this.
Answered by Dr. Krunal Modi 1 hour later
Welcome to HCM.
Avoid very hot or cold drink.
Drink plenty of fluids.
Avoid constipation.
Take Tylenol for pain.
Take folic acid tablet twice a day.
Consult your doctor for examination and if required for antibiotics.
Don't worry and take care....
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Krunal Modi 2 hours later
I'm attaching a pic of the ulcer for reference. Also, I'm taking metrogyl 400 and cobadex z, as these are medicines my local medical practitioner usually prescribes. But this keeps happening. Are the medicines correct?
Answered by Dr. Krunal Modi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
yes, medicines are correct.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
Yes your doctor has prescribed proper medicine.
Continue my advice as I given to you.
Avoid biting of teeth.
Don't worry and take care...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Answered by
Dr. Krunal Modi

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 435 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Cobadex

doctor1 MD

i found in my LFT report , bilirubin total 1.70 mg/dl , Bilirubin direct 0.34 mg/dl , indirect 1.36 mg/dl SGOT=99,SGPT=163 , my doctor given me...

doctor1 MD

Good morning doctor... I want your help...I have a pigmented skin disorder...some area of body very dark e.g neck, underarms, under eyes not dark...

doctor1 MD

I am facing deficiency of vitamin b12 my last blood report reading are below 200. I feel very lazy sleepy tired in evening please suggest tablet...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

158 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Krunal Modi
  • Q - Suggest treatment for Tay-Sachs disease

  • Q - What causes small internal growth on either side of penis?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for delayed periods

  • Q - Suggest treatment for dry skin under the penis head

  • Q - What are the side effects of Omnacortil?

  • Q - What causes weightloss when on chemotherapy treatment?

  • Q - Suggest treatment to help loose weight when suffering from osteoarthritis

  • Q - Suggest treatment for vomiting and difficulty breathing

  • Q - Can HIV be contracted through kissing?

  • Q - Is Syscan 150 effective for fungal infection?