Suggest medication for OCD during menopause

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 6 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I am a 67 years old woman,retired. I have been on the been on the HRT Covarx, Generic for Estratest. Effective January 1st. 2017, my insurance company no longer covers this prescription drug. My pharmacy told me that if I still wanted the medicine, the cost for a 90 day supply of the generic is $300.00? My Question Is their another type of RX HRT that I could ask for? My doctor woud be willing to help me isfsuch a drug existed. My doctor has recommend the following OCD menopause supplements: Black Cohosh: Primrose Evening: I am currently on the Primrose Evening started January 13, 2017. The dosage is (2) capsules daily. This Supplement has been a waste of my time and money. I need to know if you can recommend another type of medicine. Also, is their a pharmacy that would offer ths drug at a lower cost?. I live in Southern California Zip Code 92336. Is it possible for a pharmacy company to negiotiate this cost for this medicine? just curious
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Try Menopro powder.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
In HRT the hormonal combination is given that you are already taking. There is no other kind of hormone that can help you. The cost of generic medicines is not negotiable. Another supplement that can help you is Menopro powder that is taken two teaspoon fuls with milk twice a day. This is also a herbal supplement - natural alternative to HRT like Cohosh and evening primrose.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D