Suggest medication for COPD

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: Someone I met told me about a friend taking something for COPD. He wrote down "chorial silver magnesium". I question his spelling from his guessing a word. I have copd and is this something that might benefit me. 64 yrs. old and in good shape except for the copd. Former smoker. Retired Marine after 30 yrs. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No, these are not good options.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
These are older drugs.
Names are colloid silver and magnesium sulfate.
But these are not recommended in today's era.
These are outdated drugs. I don't think you will get any of these drugs in pharmacy.
Better to take newer medicines like tiotropium, formoterol, salmeterol etc.
Please reply me
1. Which inhaler you are taking for COPD?
2. Are you taking any oral drugs for COPD?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.