Suggest medication for Bactrim

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Have prostitis...prior to treatement had blood work done...would like to know how the CBC results look....some of the percentages are in the high or low range of normal...but the Absolute numbers look normal? Prior to blood test I had taken Amoxicillian for 7 days for a throat infection....Bactrim for 7 days and 4 Azithromican pills and a shot because Dr wanted to check for STD...all those tests came back clear.....Upon DRE, prostate was normal and my PSA was .8.....currently on Bactrim for 15 days...but started this after blood work.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to take long term antibiotic

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .Based on the facts that you have posted you have been diagnosed to have Prostatitis and treated with antibiotics for 3 weeks .

I shall be happy if you can post me more details to help me in making precise comments
1) What are your symptoms ?
2) Do you have painful ejaculation or urination
3) Do you have pain in lower abdomen and perineal region ?
4) Have you consulted Urologist ?
The diagnosis of Prostatitis is usually established on clinical finding like painful DRE coupled with positive evidence of bacterial infection confirmed by presence of bacteria on urine and semen culture .

Since your urologist has diagnosed it as a Prostatitis continue taking Bactrim twice daily for 2-3 weeks .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.