Suggest medication for ADHD
I thought I did pretty well but in the past year or really a little more, I've become worse than I think I ever was! I think the name of drug I took was retenal. I own and operate a catering business and event venue,
It's so bad, ( or something is ) is rat doing something and just walk away and start doing something else ,
And never finish what I first started, it's very hard for me to stay focused on what's at hand. I'm very smart and it just seems my mind is way ahead of my body!! I really don't know any other way to explain it. I'm very healthy not over weight, it's just all in my head, I try to tell my self I'm going to be more conscience
Of this and control it, but it doesn't work! I'm a believer in mind over matter to some degree. I saw this medicene on Facebook it's called, by anise, could this be something you feel might help me??
Yes, Vyvanse might be appropriate and helpful for your symptoms.
It sounds like you are still having problems with attention deficit. This can be caused by a number of things including ADHD/ADD (attention deficit disorder), anxiety, substance abuse, and other illnesses but it sounds like you already had a confirmed diagnosis from when you were younger, so I will not detail the various possible causes of attention deficit.
There are newer medications for ADHD/ADD now that were not available when you were younger and were taking medication.
Vyvanse was approved for adults in 2008 (relatively new). It is in the family of amphetamines,as are most (but not all) of the other ADHD medications; so it has some of the side effects that other meds in this class have, but in general fewer. It is taken once a day for ADHD and has been shown to improve concentration and mental focus.
If you had a hard time with amphetamine medications before, you may want to try a medication in a different class, although the side effect profile for the newer amphetamine based ADHD meds seem to be better than the older ones. But best to start at a low dose and work up as needed.
It is also recommended for adults with ADHD to have cognitive therapy (in addition to meds), and since you already like the mind over matter concept (although very difficult to do with ADHD without the help of a medication), you might benefit from mindfulness training.
I hope this information helps. Please let me know if there is any further information or clarification I can provide.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drugs/medication for Adult adhd
- Adhd treatment medications children sizodon
- Drugs/medication for adhd
- Over the counter adhd medication
- On concerta for adhd is this the right medication
- What is the remedy for adhd when on medication
- Usage of adhd medication
- Medical causes of adhd
- Child with adhd need medication
- Side effects of adhd medication
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis