Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suggest medication and treatment for painful knee

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1041 Questions
hi doctor i had contacted you recently regarding a painful knee. you had requested xrays. This is the report; Exam requested : Knee: AP and Lat [ left & right ] Findings: BOTH KNEES Bilateral osteoarthritic changes seen evidenced by peaking of the intercondylar eminence, patella spurring and joint reduction. [ L.>>R] No lysis or fracture sen. Fabellae noted bilaterally. Based on the above please advise on medication and treatment. I am XXXX and I look forward to your response.
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Upload x-ray film. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query again. My friend you have not uploaded your x-ray film. From your x-ray film I will be able to grade the osteoarthritis of your knee. Anyways since you have mentioned bilateral osteoarthritis changes seen evidenced by peaking of the intercondylar eminence, patella spurring and joint reduction. [ L.>>R]. This means that time has come that you should avoid squatting, upstairs etc as much as you can. You can do daily morning walk for 30 mins, this will benefit you. Take balance diet to avoid overweight. You can take medicine by discussing it with your doctor and no by your self prescription because these medicines have server side effects especially in your case because you are case of duodenal ulcer. Your doctor may advise you paracetamol or a low-dose opiate-based painkiller, glucosamine+chondroitin combination, local painkiller oils. Do regular quadriceps straightening exercises uploaded on you tube. Apply hot packs for 30 mins in morning and evening. Do not get worried, believe in god and trust your doctor. I hope you have get your answer. You are welcome to ask health related queries. Thanks. Dr.Singh.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor