Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

194 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest medication and diet plan for correcting vitamin B12 and D deficiency

Answered by
Dr. Prasad

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2005

Answered : 3203 Questions

Posted on Mon, 24 Sep 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Have Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D Deficiency. Getting tired easilyl. Suggest medicines and diet for me for a fast recovery. If need i will attach the reports.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Supplements needed.

Detailed Answer:

If you have vitamin B12 and vitamin D deficiency,
I suggest the following:
1. Capsule Meganeuron capsule every day for 2-3 months.
2. D Rise once a week for 4-6 weeks.

You may need to repeat the test after 3 months to check for vitamin B12 and D status.

In addition, it is advisable to increase egg consumption along with vitamin D/vitamin B12 fortified food. Breakfast cereals like oats/ cornflakes are fortified with it. Similarly, there are fortified gummies available. You can ask your chemist or order it online.

Hope this answers your question.
Let me know if you need clarifications.

Dr. Prasad,
General & Family Physician

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on