Suggest medical tests to rule out pancreatitis
can be confirmed with some blood tests and imaging
Thanks for putting your query in hcm.
Pain of pancreatic origin is similar to what you have described. Pain near the belly button and radiating to back.
You can confirm that with some blood tests and imaging. Serum lipase will increase if the pain is of pancreatic origin and among imaging get ultrasound abdomen to see the echotexture, size, peripancreatic stranding or collection and duct size. By all these it can be confirmed whether pain is of pancreatic origin or not. For better confirmation CT Scan of the abdomen for pancreas Iis the best test.
Pain you have described can be of intestine or renal in origin which can also be confirmed by ultrasound or CT Scan of the abdomen
So I will suggest you to visit your doctor for detailed history and management accordingly.
I hope I have answered your query and this will help you wish you a good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ercp medical procedure for pancreatitis
- Drugs/medication for Pancreatitis
- Blood test for pancreatic problems
- Autoimmune pancreatitis test
- Pancreatitis blood test levels
- Any suggestions for pancreatic insufficiency
- Tests to detect pancreatic cancer
- Blood test for pancreatic
- Suggest treatment for pancreatic cancer
- Medications that cause pancreatitis