Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Suggest me treatment for my improper digestion

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2448 Questions
i have no proper motion time,specially in morning average motion time is 10.30am.i take around 15 minutes to pass stool and while passing stool lot of gas comes out from my mouth with big sound[like belching].give me proper suggestion and test,if its needed
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It seems to be constipation Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to Healthcare Magic, I have gone through your history and the reports you have attached and understand your concern. Constipation may be due to improper food intake, inadequate intake of fluids, irregular toilet routines and so on and it may be due to various diseases like Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid), irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory bowel diseases. As all your reports are within normal limits, infectious causes of constipation are ruled out. As you have not attached the report of thyroid profile I would suggest you to get it done to rule out hypothyroidism. I would suggest you to follow these measures to reduce constipation and also belching and flatulence. 1.Eat foods that contain plenty of fibers like fruits and green leafy vegetables. Eating prunes may help. 2.Take plenty of fluids (atleast two liters of fluid per day). 3.Avoid carbonated drinks (colas) and alcoholic beverages. 4.Exercise regularly 5.Toileting routines: Do not ignore the feeling of needing the toilet.When you go to the toilet, it should be unhurried, with enough time to ensure that you can empty your bowel. 6.Continue the medications prescribed by your doctor. Hope with these remedies,your condition will improve. If any further queries,feel free to post. Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest me treatment for my improper digestion 29 hours later
hello, my problem is i can not drink lot of water[plain].you asked me to take plenty of fluids.can you suggest me the types of fluids[like buttre milk].about exercise,i want to join gym,but problem is motion is not coming early in the i want to know,can i go to gym without motion.will it be usefull or can i go in evening[after taking lunch-6.00pm].if you think i should meet doctor,then can you suggest any good doctor in chennai.waiting for your reply.
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Suggestion regarding diet and exercise Detailed Answer: Hello, It would be my pleasure to answer your query. Since you can't take plain water,you can go for fruit juices made of blackberries, strawberries,pear and XXXXXXX You can also consume vegetables like beans as salads and soups. Some of the dried fruits like figs,apricots, and raisins also contain lot of dietary fibres.You can have it has your evening snack. Regarding exercises,to begin with you go to gym in the evening,later as your symptoms come down,you can start going in the morning time. As you have undergone all the necessary tests,presently no need to consult a doctor.You take all these above measures.Symptoms would surely regress. Hope you are satisfied with the answer.If any further query,feel free to post. Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor