Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

154 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest long term methods of contraception

Answered by
Dr. Aarti Abraham


Practicing since :1998

Answered : 6000 Questions

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Question: HI My name is XXXXXXX And i am 25 weight 42, Height 5'.

I am pregnant twice and my mother in law aborted the child because it was a girl, So i don't want to pregnant or mother anymore, Can you please suggest some medicine and procedure so that my womb get diffused or something through which i can't become a mother again, There are a lot of miserable circumstance which is do not oppose my family, and also i can't share, So i am asking because of my health, Please suggest.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Dear XXXXXXX I fully sympathize with you, and can understand your pain and rage at being forced to abort twice, that too, for the shameful reason that you mention.
You can actually expose your in laws and the torture you have been through, and live a healthy and happy life, possibly being a mother again.
There are long term methods of contraception.
You can opt for an intra uterine device - Copper T , Multiload or Mirena, as long as they are inside ( 3 - 5 years ) , you will not conceive.
If you are very desperate, you can go for tubal ligation ( tying of the tubes ) which will stop pregnancy.
Before doing this, consider your decision well, in future, if circumstances change, you might regret your decision.
It is always better to stand up to such evil torture instead of hiding it and bearing it.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 29 hours later
Thank you XXXXXXX for your kind note, But i have decided myself to finish it over, So can you please explain more about tubal ligation ( tying of the tubes) and i don't want to go with any surgical procedure, I am more likely to go with medicine so that nobody get to know, since my family circumstances are getting worst, SO please suggest some medicine and the complete procedure.

once again thank you so much for all your kind help!!
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Just on a personal note - have you tried marriage counselling ?
Why deprive yourself permanently of the XXXXXXX of motherhood, or atleast the ability to become a mother ?
Tying of the tubes IS a surgical procedure, albeit, a very minor and quick one.
It can be done laparoscopically, and you can be home the same day itself.
As far as medications are concerned, there are none that would permanently make you sterile.
You would need to have a surgical procedure.
As I said, the intra uterine device can be kept for 3 , 5 or 10 years - there are various options.
Also, shots like the Depo Provera need to be taken every 3 months.
The implant is inserted under the skin and needs to be similarly renewed, as does the patch or a vaginal ring.
These are the options for you, dear XXXXXXX
Again, I fully empathize with your situation and urge you to try counselling as a tool before deciding anything.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Drug/Medication ,  
Medical Procedures

Recent questions on Provera

doctor1 MD

I'm a 42 year old female, 5'3 and 128lbs. This week my Dr.'s office told me that I need to have a B12 and iron study (my iron is low because of numerous fibroids). On March 30, 2011 I had a deprovera (spelling ?) shot to assist in lessening the bleeding for the fibroids - I've had a light menstrual cycle since April 2. Recently I've notice that my urine smells like onion, and I wanted to know possible causes? Thanks.

doctor1 MD

I have light red on the tissue when I wipe. Not spots but like how wee would be but not just a wet patch but red. It s not thick or mucus, and I haven t had a period in over 2 years due to the depo injection which I have not stopped or over due. I feel sick and pain

doctor1 MD

Hey good morning , my depo provera shot was due from may 2nd . I ve had a period since then from that I ve also had another period about 2 weeks now I have some thick blood coming from my vagina and a little cramps i also had unprotected sex but he pulled out. What could this be ?

doctor1 MD

Hello, i am 18 and have been getting frequent bladder infections for a few years now, latley i have been experiencing blood in my urine and blood when i wipe myself, this is not my period because i am on the depo provera injection and havent got a period in a year, im also experiencing back pain, nausea and the common lower stomach pain

doctor1 MD

I read research that etonogestrel stop sperm production oin males so is it ok to use etonogestrel implant? Will the effect on males will be the same as estradiol valerate and depo provera? Thanks

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor hope u are fine. It's been long. Doctor I am late on my period by 10 days I did a pregnancy test it came out negative. I am getting very sharp and dull pains on my pelvic it's very sore like really sharp pains. I went today to the...

doctor1 MD

I had a surgery that went all wrong back in February of 2016, and I need an OBGYN surgeon familiar with myomectomy, laproscopic surgery to look at my medical records and determine if there was a deviation in the proper standard of care, and be...