Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Suggest life style modification for cholesterol control

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1306 Questions
pl suggest the life style modifiaction
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 3 hours later
Brief Answer: please see below. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir I would be obliged if you can provide me the values of HDL cholesterol and LDL cholesterol too. This will help me in understanding your lipid profile better and give you a better advise. Please also let me know that for how long you are taking this medicine (fabitor EZ). Are you a diabetic or have high blood pressure too. If you ever had a heart attack, stroke or any other cardiovascular event Waiting for your reply. Sincerely Sukhvinder
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest life style modification for cholesterol control 14 hours later
Dear Doctor, pl find HDL CHOLESTEROL-46 mgm% LDL- CHOLESTEROL-125.4mgm% VLDL-48.6% From Last 3 month I am taking FABTOR-EZ ,I am not a diabetic & No History of High blood pressure. I have undergone Angiography in 2011 But Reports are absoultely normal Pl suggest lifestyle modifaction & the treatment
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: please see details. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir 1. You are taking 3 medicines for cholesterol abnormalities. Was these medications started before this lipid profile or you started them after this lipid profile? I do not prescribe any medication for this kind of profile in my patients. I only advise life style modifications. However if this profile has been obtained "on treatment" then it is different. 2. The weight should be optimized (body mass index should be ideally 23. Body mass index= weight in kilogram divided by square of height in meters). Daily exercise with aim of achieving 45 minutes per day at speed of 7 km/ hour. This should be under supervision of your local physician. Avoid sweets, all kind of fried food and do not exceed prescribed calorie intake per day. You can consult a dietitian for same. The diet should be rich in fibres and must not avoid fats altogether. Unsaturated fats in prescribed amount are necessary for body. You must not take alcohol. Must not smoke. You need to get your HBA1c (a blood test) to see if you are indeed a diabetic as your Fasting Glucose is higher than normal. Hope this helps. Feel free to discuss further. Sincerely Sukhvinder
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor