Suggest if the creatinine levels are high

Dr. Shailja Puri

Pathologist and Microbiologist

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Kidney Conditions
Question: dear doctor,
on checking by blood report, foun tht creatinine levels are 1.22 as against XXXXXXX lvel of 1.25. all other report are within the required parametres and also my urine report is crystal clear without any abnormalities. wht can b the reason or my elevatd creatine? I m 43 years and mild hypertensive.
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Creatinine level normal, post other test reports

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic.

The blood creatinine level is on higher side, however, it is not elevated.
What is the status of blood urea and uric acid?
If they are within normal limits, it is unlikely that creatinine level suggests any underlying disease.
Creatinine, urea and uric acid are done to assess the renal functions.
Renal abnormality will lead to elevation of all the parameters and nor just one.

indly, post me all other test reports for better assessment.

Thanks
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju