Suggest if taking whey protein and creatine powder is safe

Dr. Vaishalee Punj

Posted on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Healthy Living
Question: I am regular to Gym and do Cardio and weight training .Aim is to build muscle and a strong physique.My Gym instructor suggested me following supplement .Please suggest if these are safe to consume.

1) Grenade Thermo Detonator for Fat burning - I am overweight.

2) Whey protein

3) Casein Protein

4) Creatine powder

Please suggest if these are safe to consume as I am taking regular medicine for BP ( Losar-A , Lorvas-SR ) for borderline sugar ( Glycephase SR 500 ) for Cholestrol prevention ( Atorlip ).

I am also taking GNC brand multivitamin , Mega Men and Tripple strength fish oil .
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Its not safe for you

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I have read your query. You have high blood pressure and borderline sugar.

High protein diet is recommended for high blood sugar. For this purpose, supplements like proteinex can be taken. But the confusing point is high blood pressure. I also do not know the status of kidney function in you. High protein is not recommended in kidney damage due to any cause like high blood pressure etc.

I would suggest that you take diet as recommended by your doctor. All the four supplements mentioned by you are high in protein. I would not suggest then to you.

Also fish oil has some side effects on intestines and may be the cause of tummy increase. I would suggest that you discontinue fish oil supplements. Rather take hygienic food and clean drinking water preferably from an RO system to prevent intestinal infections.

Hope it helps

Dr Vaishalee