Suggest ideal medications for underactive thyroid
My question is I am on ayurvedic Kanchanar guggulu for hypothyroid, what are the foods / fruits which I should avoid.
Also I am on tryptomer 10 mg thrice per day for back pain since two years.
does tryptomer and kanchanar guggulu for thyroid will not react each other while taken together, how should I take this tablets, time intervals between each other, please tell me doctor.
Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern and following is/are clarifications and recommended dosage schedule and dietary regime:
1.Since you are taking alternative medicine for underactive thyroid, please remember
i. There is no substitute of hormone in any –pathy thus check with thyroid values every 3 months [it could be the other way around i.e. no hormone no lowering of value rather than drug drug interaction]
ii. Take: iodized salt,sea food,garlic,onions,meat,chicken,salmon,tuna,whole unrefined grains,dairy products,banana,egg,low fat milk,mushrooms,guava, carrots,cucumber,black beans,navy beans,red kidney beans,split beans,black pepper,cinnamon,turmeric,mint,coriander,apple,apricots,olive oil,cherries, dates,kiwi,papaya,pineapple,brown rice,prunes,coconut oil
- Avoid: linseed/flax oil,peanuts,walnuts XXXXXXX turnip,green mustard,mustard, cauliflower,peaches,coffee,spinach,cabbage,soybean,canlola oil,radish,sweet potato, white bread, white flour, junk food, pears,millet
2. As tryptomer [amitriptylline] apart from bed wetting in children,prophylaxis of migraine, neuropathic pain it is also used in Depression and it may cause ADR [adverse drug reaction] which are normally present as symptoms in Hypothyroid like: constipation, dry mouth,fatigue,dizziness,confusion
Dose: take kanchnar guggullu in morning and tryptomer at night, but Thyroxine should be incorporated.
my dosage of kanchanar guggulu is one in morning and one at night.
is this okay to take medicine ?
Thanks for reverting back
1. As I usually prescribe (if needed) tryptomer only at bed time so cannot comment upon the dosage schedule of other doctor.
2. Kanchnar gugullu should be given along with Chandraprabha vati and yograj gugull and not in single formulation.
3. Since it is very difficult to comment on drug drug interactions (if any) without any clinical trials/research studies thus do not change/taper or stop any drug without first consulting your attending Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is an underactive thyroid and morphea related
- Is medication necessary for under-active thyroid
- Underactive thyroid smokeless tobacco
- Underactive thyroid cervical mucus
- Drugs/medication for Under-active thyroid
- Metformin and underactive thyroid
- Mild underactive thyroid
- Prostate cancer and underactive thyroid
- Lymph nodes underactive thyroid
- Hashimoto's thyroiditis underactive thyroid