• question-icon

Suggest ideal hepatitis A vaccination for a 18 month old child

Posted on Fri, 14 Jul 2017 in Child Health
Question: Could you pls suggest the vaccine from below for 18 months hepatitis A2. Avaxim pedeatric,havrix junior,biovac-a. I got this from one of the website.if its wrong pls advise other
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Go for the one that your local pediatrician has

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Please note that the vaccines need to be properly preserved through cold chain procedure. I understand that you have done your research and have come up with multiple brands. But not all doctors have all the brands with them and most of them usually stick to one particular brand. You therefore need to get in touch with the pediatrician who would be administering the vaccine. Go for the brand he has with him. That will ensure that the vaccine is effective. Do not try to purchase any other brand from the market as its efficacy would not be ensured.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 28 minutes later
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Glad to be of service

Detailed Answer:
Let me know if I could help further. Feel free to ask me back directly if you ever have a health related query in the future.

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician