Suggest ideal formula milk for an infant

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi doctor I have delivered a baby 6 months ago I have been diagnosed with dengue and my platelet count is 170000 and doctor advised caripill for 5 days .can I give formula milk to my baby during night because I'm not getting enough milk due to my ill n he is crying to the core in the night .Which is the best formula milk
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can give

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns about formula milk.

Formula milk are available based on age of child. You can buy the one from nestle company. Tell the shop keeper that baby is 6 months old.

You can also give food as you have start weaning baby to try normal home foods.

Try starting with Ganji, milk etc...
Let me know if you need any more help

Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 57 minutes later
Can you please tell me wat n all food I can have during dengu fever and how long it'll last can I carry baby during dengu
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Have normal home food

Detailed Answer:

Generally platelets should improve by next one week.

Even now your platelet count is not very much decreased. Your recovery will be swift.

You can have normal home food. There is no need of changing diet.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 37 hours later
My baby upper genital area is swollen can you please tell me the reason attached image and he is not passing urine frequently for last two days after I am taking dengue tablets
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is not related to dengue tablets

Detailed Answer:

Taking dengue tablet is not associated with any such adverse effect.

Please see a pediatrician about the swelling and not passing urine as I do not treat pediatric patients( babies).

I can reassure you that this is not related to dengue or its medicine.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 39 hours later
Is dengue recurring if so wat is the reason for it I'm often getting neck pain after I wake up in the morning followed by severe head ache ant remedy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely to be relapse

Detailed Answer:

Dengue relapse or cure can be identified by repeating platelet count.

Neck pain and headache could be due to disturbed sleep and nothing else.