Suggest ideal diet for a diabetic perosn
1800 kcal diet usually recommended for average Diabetic XXXXXXX male.
Hi Mr. XXXXXXX
For average XXXXXXX diabetic male patient with BMI (Body Mass Index <25) 1800 kcal diet is recommended.
I am here with giving simple tips on diet for diabetic male patient -
- Restrict calorie intake depending upon BMI.
2) Fruits & vegetables
- Avoid sugar, food containing empty calories (food containing only calories and no other nutrients like soft drinks.
- Avoid potatoes and other roots.
- You can eat citrus fruits like orange, sweet lemon or other fruits like 1 cup pieces of papaya, pineapple, water melon, apple daily.
- Avoid fruit juices.
- Take adequate amount of salad containing tomatoes, cucumber, green leafy vegetables daily.
- Use green leafy vegetables in soup or salad.
- Use sprouted nuts like.
- You can use artificial sweeteners up to certain extent.
3) Fat intake:
- Restrict fat (all types of oil, butter, ghee) intake to less than 20 to 25 gram per day.
- Use combination of different types of vegetable oils.
- Avoid intake of saturated fat like coconut oil, pam oil, vanaspati ghee, regular butter.
- Take adequate amount of pulses, soybean, sprouted nuts.
- You can take 1 cup of Cow milk without cream daily.
- You can take daily one egg white (no yellow bulk).
- You can have Fish once or twice a week, 2 to 3 piece of chicken once in a week avoid red meat like lamb.
- Restrict rise intake to minimum.
5) Meal planning:
- You should take small amount of meals frequently.
Morning breakfast in between 7am to 9am.
Mid morning snack containing fruits as advised at around 11 am.
Lunch in between 12.30 to 2.00 pm.
Evening snack at around 5 pm.
Dinner in between 8 pm to 9.30 pm.
1/2 to 1 cup of milk at bed time.
- You should follow your meal timings regularly.
Along with diet, daily 30 to 40 min of exercise and taking medicines as advised is also important.
It is advisable to consult nearby diabetologist and dietitian for proper clinical and nutritional assessment.
Hope I have answered your question.
I will be happy to answer your future questions.
Dr. Abhay Mali,
Exercise pattern that you can sustain for long time.
Hi Mr. XXXXXXX
Exercise help in reducing or maintaining weight and it also reduces insulin resistance which is the basic pathology of Type 2 diabetes.
Diabetes is almost a life long disease.
So we advise exercise pattern that patient can follow for a long time.
Usually yoga, aerobics, simple brisk walking are the pattern of exercise that patient can follow regularly.
Also simple steps like using stair case at home or at work places when ever possible, avoid use of vehicles whenever to go nearby.
Hope this may be helpful to you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diabetic gout suggest a good diet
- Suggest the diet for a person with diabetes
- Diabetic and overweight suggest diet plan
- Diet for diabetics type 1 please suggest me
- Diabetic high bp suggest a diet plan
- I am diabetes patient suggest me the diet
- Suggested diet for diabetes
- Can you suggest a diet plan for a diabetic
- Diabetes high bp gas diet suggestions
- Suggest diet for type 2 diabetes
- How long does gestational diabetes take to resolve?
- What causes elevated blood sugar levels?
- What causes weakness all over body and numbness on left side of chest?
- What does the following microalbumin report indicate?
- What does high fluctuation in blood sugar levels indicate?
- Is there any scope for further improvement in vision of a diabetic patient?
- Can oral anti-diabetic medicine be taken after LVAD implantation?
- Suggest medication for elevated blood sugar levels
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- What causes abdominal pain, spasms and frequent sticky stool?