Suggest ideal diet for a 3 year old
My Son is 3 years old. He takes 1 glass milk at 6.15 a.m, 2 Dosas or 3 Idlis(made of rice batter) at 10.00 a.m, 2 Rotis(made of wheat) with pulses at 2.30 p.m, one bowl cornflakes with milk at 4.30 p.m, a tomato and a carrot soup at 5.30 p.m and 2 Rotis or rice at 8.30 p.m
Is the diet sufficient for him?
Could you please help me on this.
Good enough. Add oil ghee, fruits and vegetables
Thanks for writing to us.
From your description it looks like your son is getting enough carbohydrates and protein.
What you need to add
1. Ghee or oil to each food including idli dosa roti. Try poori which is good in calories.
2. Instead of a fixed menu I recommend my patients and for my own kids to give variety of foods. No need to cook separate separately for kids. You can give them what you have for meals three times a day.
3. Fruits all seasonal, and vegetables should be given atleast two servings each every day. This would give them vitamins minerals and fibre which is very important in kids.
4. If possible add eggs or soya to give more protein in diet.
5. What is his current weight and height and birth weight? This will give an indication if he is growing well.
Wishing your child good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest ideal diet for 19 year old baby
- Ideal bp for 69 year old
- Ideal blood pressure 18 year old athlete
- Ideal blood pressure for 54 year old male
- Suggested diet for 1 year old
- Ideal blood pressure for a 26 year old male
- Is cerelac is ideal food for 2 years old
- Ideal stool for three year old
- Ideal blood pressure for a 69 year old
- Ideal diet chart for a 26 year old