Suggest home remedy for ring worm infection

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Wed, 25 Feb 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi my daughter applied garlic on ring worm to get rid of it and fell asleep. upon waking up, she realized her arm was bruised looking and raised. she cleaned it and put manuka honey on it. the next morning she had small blisters on it. she cleaned it once more, put bacitracin on it and went to school. by the time school was over, the blisters had become one large blister that had broken open by the time i picked up from school. when we got home I checked on it and the blister was reforming but continues to slowly ooze liquid. I called her dr. but there were no openings. should I take her to urgent care? how should I treat it?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Home remedies will suffice,

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

i read your question and i understand your concern. Its not an emergency and you can treat it at home and see it it gets better. It already is heading towards recovery it just needs a little care which i will guide you in this answer how.

In most cases, you can treat ringworm of the skin with antifungal creams or ointments. Many are available without a prescription. Use a nonprescription antifungal cream with miconazole or clotrimazole in it. Brand names include Micatin, Mycelex, and Tinactin. Terbinafine cream (Lamisil) is also available without a prescription.

-Wash the rash with soap and water, and dry thoroughly.
-For large areas of blistered sores, use compresses such as those made with Burow's solution (available without a prescription) to soothe and dry out the blisters.
-Apply antifungal cream beyond the edge or border of the rash.
-Follow the directions on the package.
-Don't stop using the medicine just because your symptoms go away.
-You will probably need to continue treatment for 2 to 4 weeks.
-If symptoms do not improve after 2 weeks, call her doctor.
-If her rash does not clear after you have tried different topical antifungals, or if the infection is widespread, you may need prescription antifungal pills.

She will recover sooner than you expect. I hope it helps. take good care of her and yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan